Tuesday 27 November 2012

Thank you card - another diversion from Christmas themes!

Good morning, I hope the weather is better where you are - the UK is getting to look like a giant water resevoir after all this rain!

Today I am sharing a thank you card that I just made. Someone very kind has already sent me some beautiful home-made gifts in anticipation of the birth of my first baby (a girl, due in January), and I wanted to show my appreciation with a hand-made thank you card!

These are the beginnings of the card:

Materials I used include: Marvy LePlume II markers, various cardstock, the Dear Lizzy Neapolitan Jar stamp set, some 3D foam squares, Brown parcel paper, Clear embossing powder, ultra-adhesive double-sided tape, and some gorgeous Thickers from American Crafts.

I also printed out a couple of Digital Stamp Downloads from www.artsanddesigns.com to choose from. In the end (and after colouring both!) I went for the Magic Toadstool design:


I'd already done a test-run using blu-tack to see which positions I liked for sticking on my little bits of cardstock, then taken a picture so I could remember the layout later:


I also stamped the word "thank" onto some recycled paper, using the Dear Lizzy Neapolitan Jar stamp, and used clear embossing powder to give it a little lift. The stamp set actually had the word "thanks" on it, so missing out the "s" with the ink pad was a wee bit fiddly!


All that remained after that was to assemble my card (on a blank card) using ultra-adhesive double sided tape and 3D foam squares:



Thanks for stopping by at my blog!

Julie x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.