Monday 19 November 2012

Birthday Card made using Romantic Rose Digital Stamp

Hello,

Today I'm having a little break from Christmas preparations, and sharing a birthday card that I made using one of the www.artsanddesigns.com Digital Stamps - the Romantic Rose Digital Stamp in Teal/Black.

There is now quite a range of downloadable digital stamps over at www.artsanddesigns.com - ideal if you want a design that you can download, print out, and use immediately. Not to mention the cost advantage: a budget-conscious bargain price of 99p! (Currently around $1.60...)

Anyway, I began the birthday card by gathering a few supplies:


Some Helz Cuppleditch products (which are often quite Christmassy, but I've found that there are such a range of colours etc that you can go ahead and use the products on so many projects!), some lovely ink pads, a blank card/envelope (in white), some super-useful adhesives, some of my trusty DecoArt Glistening Snow Writer, a few odds and ends, like pink cardstock, my current favourite thing: Brown paper! So useful! My Marvy LePlume II pens, and last but not least, the Romantic Rose Digital Stamp in Teal/Black, printed out onto some lovely high-quality paper.

First off, I got to work colouring my Romantic Rose:


Fun and easy to do! Next, I went to the effort of cutting close around my coloured rose, using a tiny pair of scissors. I think it was worth it for the overall effect, as I then went on to roughly blob an outline of the rose on a cut-to-size piece of my brown paper, using just a hot-pink ink pad:

Happily, I remembered to do the ink-pad blobbing before I stuck anything down! I quite like the effect. I wanted to add a little something extra too, so I got to work with my DecoArt Glistening Snow Writer, which I used to blob on some "dew drops" onto the rose petals:


Et voila! I'm starting to think that I should probably make and stock-pile a few occasion cards, since I always seem to be making them with the event looming large. Then again, I have a tendency to do my best work (and actually get things finished!) under pressure, so I might just stick with the current system!

Thanks for checking out my blog, feel free to pop over to www.artsanddesigns.com for a bit of a perusal.

Julie x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.