Monday 29 October 2012

Birthday Card made with Digital Stamp

Hello, I know it's been a while since my last post, but I've been all over the place (well, all over the UK anyway). I've been up to Scotland to visit my family, and also to Somerset to visit my sister and brother-in-law, who have just welcomed their twins (one boy and one girl) to the family - very unexpectedly, as they were two months early! Both babies are doing well, but will not be out of hospital for a while yet because they hardly weigh a thing, just 4lbs and 3lbs 12oz.

A little while ago I made a fairly simple birthday card for my mother-in-law, using one of the new Digital Stamps that you can download from www.artsanddesigns.com here.

I started by gathering my materials together, and printing out a few copies of the Birthday Bouquet digital stamp:


As you can see, I used a variety of materials for this card, including ribbon, vintage buttons, various adhesives, Gold Glamour Dust, Marvy Le Plume II marker pens, and cardstock.

I started by colouring the Birthday Bouquet stamp, which was actually quite relaxing - the design is very detailed but clear, so overall a nice colouring and shading experience! Here is the almost finished product:


I thought the stamp needed a little something extra, so I used the extremely useful Craftime Craft Glue Pen to adhere the gold Glamour Dust in a few places:


I can't resist a bit of sparkle! Finally, I used my Craftime Glue Dots to adhere the image onto a blank card, along with some ribbons and vintage buttons:


And there you have it, the finished article! Mrs L senior was very pleased :)

You can download your own digital stamps here for only 99p! Absolute bargain - you can then print them as many times as you like on your home printer. There are even some Christmas themed digital stamps, so have a little browse and see what you think :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Julie x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.