Thursday 30 August 2012

Good Luck card made with odds and ends...

Hello! It's been a while since my last post, as we've been busy moving house...exhausting and time consuming, even though it was only 2 miles up the road!

A friend of mine is moving back to her home country (Indonesia) soon, so I made a "Good Luck" card that I hope she'll like:


Ta daa! For the card I used a wide selection of bits and bobs, including some buttons from my vast vintage button collection, and this gorgeous stamp from the American Crafts Dear Lizzy collection:


Anyway, these are the materials I started with at the beginning of my crafty day:

 
I started by stamping "good luck", and using clear embossing powder to give it a little something extra:





I did the same thing with the Dear Lizzy Neapolitan collection jar stamp:


Onto the blank card, I arranged some old wrapping paper that I found in my stash - it was too lovely to throw away! I also mounted the stamped words and jar from earlier onto pink pearlescent card, and added a think mink-coloured ribbon to the edge:





Finally, I "filled" the jar with buttons from my collection, as well as little self-adhesive crystals:


And voila! A good luck card for my friend to see her off.

Thanks for checking out my blog, please feel free to have a browse over at www.artsanddesigns.com!

Julie x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.